Nsight Telservices’ Response to the Coronavirus Pandemic
The impact of the coronavirus pandemic is being felt across our country and around the world. It’s touching our daily lives in countless ways. It’s creating many uncertainties and new challenges. At a time when our natural reaction is to hold each other tight and gather together to be buoyed up and help each other, it’s important that we keep a physical distance to avoid further spread of the infection.
We believe we can each play a critical part in successfully navigating this highly turbulent situation, both on an individual and corporate level. We can also each take responsibility to contain the coronavirus. If we make small sacrifices now, perhaps we can avoid making much larger sacrifices in the future, as has been the case in other countries. Now is the time to act.
Nsight Telservices’ role is to keep residents and businesses connected. In creating the necessary social distancing to stay healthy, it can easily leave you feeling isolated. You need to interact with family and friends; mental health is as important as physical health. It’s critical that you maintain contact with the health care industry, whether it’s with your doctor or a pharmacy. Schools must close their doors and businesses are moving to remote working, yet studies and work must continue. Nsight Telservices is taking steps to keep you connected.
Keeping our Customers Connected
We’re all facing an unprecedented set of circumstances, and keeping consumers connected is more important now than ever. We’re confident that the robust network we built has adequate capacity to accommodate the growing internet traffic related to the COVID-19 outbreak. Our engineering team is continually upgrading equipment to meet current and future data demands, including adding small cells and new radio equipment, using load balancing and carrier aggregation, and adding fiber. Our standard practice is to monitor network performance 24/7/365 and our cell site technicians continue to be in the field to do everything possible to ensure the best possible experience for our customers.
Minimizing financial hardships
Nsight Telservices joined the FCC’s ‘Keep America Connected’ pledge. As part of this pledge to ease financial worries, Nsight Telservices is putting the following practices into place through May 16, 2020. We will continue to assess the situation.
- Nsight Telservices will not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
Q: Are you shutting off my service if I am past due?
A: For those customers who need it, Nsight Telservices will be extending payment deadlines until at least May 16, 2020. We will continue to assess the situation.
- Nsight Telservices will waive any late fees that residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic. Late fees will not be charged until at least May 16, 2020. We will continue to assess the situation.
Reducing Data Restrictions
Q: Will Nsight Telservices increase data speeds?
A: Customers on Nsight Telservices All-Out internet product already receive the fastest internet speed possible at their specific location. We will not be changing data speeds during the COVID-19 pandemic because we already provide every customer our best speed at no additional charge.
Q: Will Nsight Telservices remove data caps on internet service?
A: Nsight Telservices’ internet product does not have a data cap, so it’s not necessary for us to temporarily remove data caps or waive fees for exceeding your data plan. These are services we offer to our customers every day and are not temporary measures put into place during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Connecting Students in Need
- Nsight Telservices is making internet service available free of charge to school-age children and college students to allow them to participate in distance learning. Two free months of internet service will be available to students who reside in the Nsight Telservices service area and are new customers. To learn more or sign up, call 800-826-5215.
- For Shawano residents, we are partnering with Cellcom, our sister company, to make fiber-based internet service available free of charge to school-age children and college students to allow them to participate in distance learning. Two free months of internet service will be available to students who reside in Shawano and are new customers. To learn more or sign up, call 715-851-7350.
Assistance for Remote Working
- Nsight Telservices is making internet service available free of charge to individuals who are working from home. New customers who reside in the Nsight Telservices area can receive two free months of internet service. To learn more or sign up, call 800-826-5215.
- For Shawano residents, we are partnering with Cellcom, our sister company, to make fiber-based internet service available to individuals who are working from home. New customers who reside in Shawano can receive two free months of internet service. To learn more or sign up, call 715-851-7350.
Serving our customers at retail locations
- We are shortening store hours.
- Monday – Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Closed Sunday
- Due to the rapidly changing situation, we encourage you to visit nsighttel.com before going to an Nsight Telservices store. We will keep an up-to-date list of open stores on our website.
Keeping our Retail Environment Safe
- Nsight Telservices retail stores are only serving customers through curbside assistance at this time. Please call the location from your car when you arrive and our sales team will assist you in selecting the products you need. We will deliver documentation to your vehicle. These transactions can also be completed over the phone by calling 800-826-5215.
- Customer equipment returns will also be handled via curbside assistance. Please call the location when you arrive.
- No bill payments are being accepted in store. Please use the payment option that is most convenient for you:
- Online via SmartHub on www.nsighttel.com
- Via phone 800-826-5215.
- Mailed to:
P.O. Box 7050
De Pere, WI 54115
- Our staff is disinfecting all displays, products, countertops, workstations and equipment numerous times throughout every business day. Sales consultants will use hand sanitizer before and after handling any customer device.
- Nsight Telservices technicians will be taking numerous precautionary measures, including avoiding close contact with customers who are sick, frequent hand washing and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Keeping our Employees Healthy
We’re committed to protecting our employees and our community. Many of our employees will be working remotely. We are using technology to reduce large meetings with team members and vendors to continue business operations while avoiding congregating in confined areas. We also temporarily moved some of our employees to other locations to create greater social distancing across teams.
Protect yourself from phone, email and online scams related to COVID-19.
Scammers are taking advantage of the feeling of uncertainty and are sending malicious emails, calls and texts about COVID-19. We encourage customers to be vigilant and protect their personal information. The FCC and FTC offer the following tips:
- Whether via call, text, or email, do not give personal information to anyone you don’t know, and do not click on text or email links that seem suspicious. They could contain malware.
- Watch for emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or experts saying that have information about the virus. For the most up-to-date information about the coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations and home test kits. There currently are no vaccines, prescription or over-the-counter products available to treat or cure Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). At this time, there also are no FDA-authorized home test kits for the Coronavirus.
- Before you make a donation, whether through charities or crowdfunding sites, do your homework. If someone wants donations in cash, by gift card, or by wiring money, don’t do it.
- Hang up on robocalls. Don’t press any numbers. Scammers are using illegal robocalls to pitch everything from scam Coronavirus treatments to work-at-home schemes. The recording might say that pressing a number will let you speak to a live operator or remove you from their call list, but it might lead to more robocalls, instead.
- Know who you’re buying from. Online sellers may claim to have in-demand products, like cleaning, household, and health and medical supplies when, in fact, they don’t.
- Visit the FCC website for examples of some specific scams that have been reported.
Can we be of further assistance?
- For more information on Nsight Telservices products and services, visit nsighttel.com or call 800-826-5215.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we work together through these challenging times.